NSC Club Meeting 9-29-16
Newington Ski Club Minutes
September 29, 2016
- Meeting was called to order by President Jon Putnam 8:00pm
- Reminder to sign the book in the bar if ordering drinks and enter your name and town, not NSC
- Secretary’s report– Minutes to last meeting were distributed and voted to accept. There was a suggestion and discussion about posting meeting minutes on the website to better communicate activities and information with club members.
- Treasurer’s report: $3487.27 in the checking account. Savings $1044.76 Carol provided a Treasurers report. Motion was made to accept the report, report was accepted. Carol reported the Zap costs to the club are 7-8% plus a fee. The Board will discuss at their next meeting.
- Membership Report: 87 registrations amounting to approximately 154 members.
- Bulk Tickets: Last meeting night for ticket purchase. Coordinators will be turning in orders by Tuesday, October 4. Adela will coordinate the orders from the club and provide the information to Carol who will write a bank check for the CSC.
- Open House: November 18th. Still need a Coordinator. Rusty and Ted offered to help coordinate the volunteers. Rusty will send out solicitation letters.
- Snowball Nov.12th: Jeff Lepage is our Ambassador. October16th is the Ambassadors Day, Jeff will attend. Tickets $20 in advance from Jeff or, $25 at the door . Our club is doing the decorations this year. Joe Machowski will organize volunteers Nov 10th 6:30 pm, place TBD, Joe circulated a sign-up sheet for volunteers to put together the arrangements.
- Ski Tuning Clinic: At Suburban Sports on December 8th 6-8 pm.
- Jon updated the calendar of events on the website through Paul.
- Newington Ski Club name change. It was agreed to change (not officially) by adding “and Sport” to our name going forward. Motion was passed and accepted. We will check into any special filings needed.
- New Business:
- Southington to Cheshire Farmington Canal Heritage Trail is completed with the top coat finished. Next month will be the grand opening of the trail.
- Vermont Ski Pass goes on sale October 5th 7am3 day pass- $130, 5 day pass-$205
- Dept of Human Services for Newington Food drop off on 11/28 and 12/12.
- Carol announced a Progressive Meal New York City Bus Tour Nov.12th Cost is around $125.
- Hiking: Meshomasic Hiking Club, $10 Membership, newsletter on line with all types of hikes listed. The hiking club is out of Portland.
- CSC Kids Day- 1/22/17-Mount Southington, for age 5 thru high school. Free if sponsored by a CSC member. Great deal. See CSC website
- Sugarloaf trip: March 12-17.
- Max Pass-Great ski deal. Ski 5 times at each participating mountain for $649 .Local and Western areas.
- Hiking: Pete Noyes Memorial Hike-Nov. 19th.
- Ski 93 “Fam” trip-December- Stowe, Jay Peak, January -Cannon, Loon, Bretton Woods. $179
- On Snow- March 3-5. Working on lodging to be close to Loon.
- 50/50 Raffle: Joe Machowski won $17, Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Lisa Day-Co Secretary
Marilyn Pearson-Co Secretary