NSC Meeting Minutes 10-6-16
NEWINGTON SKI CLUB MINUTES
OCTOBER 6, 2016
President Jon Putnam called the meeting to order at 7:40 pm. 17 members were in attendance. Jon reminded the members to sign in to the ledger in the bar if ordering drinks.
- Secretary’s report: minutes were accepted and Jon will send Secretary’s report to Paul Yuskalis to post on the NSC website.
- Treasurer’s report: Carol Sweeney was not in attendance
- Membership: the 2016-2017 stickers will be available at the Open House or at the meeting after the Open House. Current membership is approximately 189 members, about the same for this time last year. The cost to the club for membership using ZAP compared to Active.com is:
- com – 9% with all fees
- ZAP – 7.8% with all fees
ZAP is more user friendly and maintains member’s information from year to year. Suggestions were made to reach out to boost membership by using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We will explore this possibility.
- Bulk tickets: Adela will coordinate all of the orders for the club. She still needs John Hunter’s orders. She will get a check from Carol Sweeney for the CSC by October 11. The orders are down from last year.
- Open House: Rusty Cushman is coordinating. Bob Lanosa will provide the hot dogs again.
- Snow Ball: Jeff LePage was not at the meeting. He is selling tickets. Joe Machowski will hold the decoration committee meeting at Joanie Noyes’ house on November 10 at 6:30 pm with pizza! Address is 1485 Flanders Rd, Southington.
- On-Snow: Ron is still looking for accommodations for the club.
- Web Site: the calendar is updated.
- Christmas Party: Ted Rogala is organizing date and place TBD.
- Several shops are holding swaps and sales. Bob’s Ski Chalet, Suburban Sports, Alpine Haus.
- Meetings will be held at the PAC on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month with the 4th Thursday, an informal meeting at Bertucci’s in Newington starting at 6:30 pm, happy hour drinks and food prices available. We have a private meeting room free of charge.
- Raffle: Marilyn Pearson won $8.50.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15.
Lisa Day – Co-Secretary
Marilyn Pearson – Co-Secretary