NSC Minutes 9-15-2106
Newington Ski Club Minutes
September 15, 2016
- Meeting was called to order by President Jon Putnam at 7:40 pm, 30 members in attendance.
- Jon introduced himself and welcomed new board members. The board met 3 times over the summer and made cuts to the budget due to projected financial deficits. The cuts decided by the board are as follows:
- Change to 2 meetings per month at the PAC. A social meeting the 4th Thursday of the month at Bertucci’s Restaurant in Newington, 6:30 pm, happy hour prices (free room)
- No pizza at the meetings- cost was 1,000.00/yr
- Some charitable contribution cuts, subject to review
- Secretary’s report– No report as this is our first meeting of the 2016/2017 year.
- Treasurer’s report: 2950.86 in the checking account. Carol passed around a Treasurers report. Motion was passed to accept the report.
- NSC Golf Tournament held over the summer-Winners were Simona Raneri and Stuart Jones.
- Biking-was active over the summer with many interclub rides with MTL. John Paturel handed out new bike trail maps.
- Membership Report: 46 Members including 1 new member to date. Zap Events registration is easy to use, some issues caught by John will be worked out.
- Bulk Tickets: Next meeting on 9/22/16, is the order deadline. Orders must be turned in to the mountains by 10/1/16. Order forms and Bulk Ticket Policy are posted on the NSC website. John Hunter, Jill Bennett, Shirley Thomassen, and Pam Bateman are the contacts for ticket sales. Tickets should be picked up in person.
- Open House: Scheduled November 18th. Volunteers needed to run the open house. Raffle tickets usually cover the cost, solicitation letters will go out to mountains. An open house committee is needed. Rusty will work on a flyer.
- Hiking: Pete Noyes 10th Anniversary Memorial hike is scheduled for November 19.
- Snowball Nov.12th: Jeff Lepage is our ambassador. October16th is Ambassadors Day at Pat Revoir’s home in Southington. Jeff will have tickets to sell. NSC and CAST Ski Club will share a hospitality suite. NSC is doing the decorations this year. Joe Machowski will organize decoration on Nov 10, 6:30 pm, place TBD. Need volunteers to put together the arrangements.
- Lindsay Vonn Program, October 3rd 6:30: Southington High School $50.00, includes a copy of her book.
- Ski Films: Nov 5 at Bushnell-Warren Miller film. Nov 11th-SCSU $5 in advance, includes free lift ticket to Mt. Southington.
- Ski Tune Clinic: John Paturel will ask Suburban Sports if they can do 2nd Thursday in Dec.
- CSC Kids Day– Mt Southington January 22, 2017. See CSC website, kids ski free.
- Racing was discussed, as well as the On-Snow event in March. Ron Kapraszewski will provide more information.
- Sugarloaf trip: 3/12-17/17. John Hunter has information and pricing.
- 50/50 Raffle: Mike Kallberg won $13.50, Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm.
Lisa Day and Marilyn Pearson